Dalam kesempatan kali ini, kami dari hindayani.com akan mengajak Anda melihat kumpulan bank soal Bahasa Inggris SMP kelas 8 semester 1 dan semester 2 yang berjumlah puluhan soal isian dan 40 soal pilihan ganda.
Latihan soal pilihan ganda bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 1 dan 2 yang disajikan dalam artikel ini bisa di-download secara gratis jika Anda memiliki aplikasi pdf di perangkat laptop, komputer, maupun gadget. Anda bisa menggunakannya untuk belajar di manapun Anda berada.
Soal UAS bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 1 kurikulum 2013 yang kami sajikan ini memang bertujuan untuk memberikan kemudahan bagi siswa dan siswi kelas 8 SMP dan MTs agar dapat belajar bahasa Inggris dengan mudah.
Dalam artikel kami yang lain, Anda juga bisa mendapatkan kumpulan soal lainnya untuk kelas 8 SMP dan MTs. Semuanya soal ulangan bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 1 dan 2 yang tersaji dalam situs kami bisa Anda unduh secara gratis.
Bank soal bahasa inggris SMP kelas 8 semester 1 – soal isian dan pengayaan materi
Berikut adalah contoh soal UAS bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 1 kurikulum 2013. Yang mana menuntut siswanya untuk lebih aktif dan mau mengembangkan cerita.
Complete the dialogues below using the expressions of accepting and declining invitation
1. Your friend invites you to come to his/her house to do homework together.
Nia : Do you want to come to my house? We can do our homework together.
Adi : ……………………………….
2. It is late in the evening, your friend asks you to come to his/her house for a drink.
Ajeng : Come and have a drink at my house.
Ika : ………………………………………………..
3. You are invited by your new friend to watch a football match at the football stadium. Your favourite team is going to play.
Upin : Would you like to come and watch the football game with me? The Indonesian team is going to play against the All-Star team.
Study to the following sentences and Fill in the blanks.
- Mayang saw an accident yesterday.
- Mayang saw Omy in the accident.
1. What happened yesterday?
…………….. happened yesterday.
2. Who saw an accident yesterday?
………….saw an accident yesterday.
3. When did Mayang see the accident? Mayang saw an accident …………………
4. Whom did Mayang see in the accident?
Mayang saw………….. in the accident.
5. Where did Mayang see Omy yesterday?
Mayang saw Omy ………………….
Arrange the following paragraph into a correct order
a. My uncle and my aunt were very nice. We visited Batam Centre, Waterfront City and Nongsa Beach. The weather was hot all day long.
b. When we went to a place called Barelang, Seno didn’t want to go to the ex Vietnam camp, he wanted to go shing on the Melur beach. So I went to the ex Vietnam camp on my own, but I didn’t enjoy it.
c. Unfortunately, Seno and I disagreed on most things. He played loud music when I wanted to sleep. When his bestfriend came to stay, I had to sleep on the floor.
d. I went to my uncle’s house in Batam last month on the long holiday. I stayed with Uncle Antasena and Aunt Firda and their son which is my cousin Seno. They live in a small house in the centre of the city called Nagoya. I liked the house but I didn’t like the area much because it was very noisy.
e. I can’t say I would like to go back to my uncle house. It wasn’t a very good holiday.
Download soal ulangan bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 1
Contoh soal bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 2 dan pembahasannya
Berikut adalah beberapa soal bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 2 dan pembahasannya sebagai bagian dari bank soal bahasa inggris smp kelas 8 semester 1 dan 2 secara lengkap.
Choose either a, b, c, or d for the correct answer. Questions 1 to 8 are based on Text 1.
Text 1 Seasons
It is in the middle of summer, the air is very hot and dry. The temperature is about 34 degrees Celsius. I am sitting by the window of my living room, looking at the streets and drinking some iced lemon tea. Sometimes I wonder why the weather in my hometown is always bad in each season. Last winter, a big snow storm paralysed this city and lasted almost a month. But things are not easy in the spring. The snow melted into mud and it covered the city. The previous summer was worse, lots of people dehydrated because of the heat. Hopefully, next fall will not be as bad as the last one. Last fall the wind and the rain were pretty bad.
1. What season is it?
- a. Spring.
- b. Summer.
- c. Winter.
- d. Fall.
2. What is the weather like?
- a. It’s humid.
- b. It’s wet.
- c. It’s hot.
- d. It’s windy.
3. The weather is in every season.
- a. always good
- b. seldom good
- c. never bad
- d. never good
4. Last winter, the city was paralyzed. What is the meaning of paralyzed?
- a. Active.
- b. Moving.
- c. Unable to move.
- d. Able to move.
5. What struck the city last winter was?
- a. A snow storm.
- b. A tropical hurricane.
- c. A snow fall.
- d. A snow flake.
6. It covered the city with mud. It refers to?
- a. The snow.
- b. The melted snow.
- c. The mud.
- d. The spring.
7. What is the effect of the terrible heat wave?
- a. Starvation.
- b. Dehydration.
- c. Diseases.
- d. Famine.
8. This summer is the previous one.
- a. better than
- b. as bad as
- c. worse than
- d. as good as
Read the dialogue and choose the right answers for the 9-14 questions.
Tomi : Where are you going to spend your holiday?
Tuti : In Batu, near Malang, East Java.
Tomi : Why are you going to spend the
Tuti : It is not as crowded as Jakarta and
Surabaya. The weather is rather cold at night.
Tomi : Do you like quiet places?
Tuti : Yes, I do.
Tomi : So do I.
9. Where is Tuti going to spend the holiday?
- a. In Jakarta.
- b. In Surabaya.
- c. In Malang.
- d. In Batu.
10. Tuti is going to spend the holiday there because she likes .
- a. interesting places
- b. quiet places
- c. crowded places
- d. isolated areas
11. Is Jakarta crowded?
- a. Perhaps.
- b. Maybe.
- c. No, it isn’t.
- d. Yes, it is.
12. The weather in Batu is at night.
- a. very cold
- b. rather cold
- c. not so cold
- d. hot
13. Does Tomi also like quiet places?
- a. Yes, he does.
- b. No, he doesn’t.
- c. Perhaps.
- d. Maybe.
14. Tomi: So do I.
What Tomi says is a statement which shows a/an to the affirmative statement before.
- a. disagreement
- b. agreement
- c. sympathy
- d. dislike
Questions 15 to 19 are based on the following Text 2.
On the Beach
Amir and Bima are SMP students. They live in Bandung. Bandung and its surroun dings are mountainous and hilly areas. They usually go to the beach during the holidays, they can choose one from many beautiful beaches in Indonesia. Some of the beaches on Java Island are Pantai Carita, the beaches in Pelabuhan Ratu, Pangandaran, Ancol, Parangtritis, while Sanur, and Kuta are in Bali.
15. What are Amir and Bima?
- a. Teachers.
- b. Customers.
- c. SMP students.
- d. SMA students.
16. Amir and Bima live in …
- a. Bandung
- b. Jakarta
- c. Padang
- d. Surabaya
17. Where do they usually go during the holidays?
- a. The sea.
- b. The mountain.
- c. The beach.
- d. The valley.
18. These are beaches on Java island, except
- a. Pantai Carita
- b. Pangandaran
- c. Kuta
- d. Ancol
19. Kuta is located in …
- a. Bandung
- b. Jakarta
- c. Aceh
- d. Bali
Questions 20 to 25 are based on the following Text 3.
My Best Friend
My name is Ary. Three years ago when I was in junior high school, I met two people that later became my best friends. The first one was Eric. He was an athlete for our school. He was tall and muscular. The other one was Ricky. He was a very diligent student. He liked to read the encyclopedia and he the ranked first in my class. I liked them both because they were very friendly to other people. Even though Eric and Ricky were very famous in our school, they were not arrogant. They made friends with anybody including me.
20. When did Ary meet his best friend?
- a. Yesterday.
- b. Last week.
- c. Two years ago.
- d. Three years ago.
21. Who were Ary’s best friends?
- a. Andi and Eric.
- b. Eric and Putra.
- c. Ricky and Eric.
- d. Sigit and Ricky.
22. What was Eric in school?
- a. An athlete.
- b. A musician.
- c. A photographer.
- d. A boy scout.
23. What kind of person was Ricky?
- a. A lazy student.
- b. A diligent student.
- c. A stupid student.
- d. A careless student.
24. How is Eric’s body?
- a. Short and fat.
- b. Tall and fat.
- c. Tall and muscular.
- d. Short and muscular.
25. Why did Ary like Eric and Ricky?
- a. Because were famous.
- b. Because were smart.
- c. Because were arrogant.
- d. Because were very friendly to other people.
Questions 26 to 30 are based on the following Text 4.
Redfeathers the Hen
Redfeathers, the hen, was so-called because all her feathers were red. One day, the fox caught sight of her in the farmyard and his mouth began to water. He ran home and told his wife to put on water for boiling a chicken, and then he rushed back, and before Redfeathers knew what was happening, she found herself snapped up and inside a sack, not even able to call for help.
Luckily for her, her friend the dove saw what had happened. She fluttered on the path in the woods, and lay there, pretending to have a broken wing. The fox was delighted to find that he now had a first course as well as a main dish. He put down the sack with the hen in it, and chased off after the dove, who began cleverly to hop further and further away.
Redfeathers slipped out of the sack and put a stone in her place, then she too ran off. When the dove saw that her friend was safe, she flew up into a tree. The fox then went back and picked up the sack, thinking that the hen was still in it. When he got home, the fox tipped the sack into the pot of boiling water, but the stone splashed it all over him, and he burned his greedy paws.
Source: 366 and More Fairy Tales, 1990
26. What did the fox do, after he caught sight of Redfeathers?
- a. He ran over to her.
- b. He ran home.
- c. He boiled water.
- d. He called her.
27. She uttered on to the path in the woods, and lay there, …. She refers to ….
- a. The hen
- b. The duck
- c. The dove
- d. The swan
28. What did the fox think when he found the dove?
- a. The fox thought that he had to run.
- b. The fox thought that he had better go back.
- c. The fox thought he had a first course.
- d. The fox thought that he had to boil water.
29. What happened to the dove?
- a. she flew up into tree.
- b. she was cooked by the fox.
- c. she was chased by the fox.
- d. she was put into the sack.
30. What did Redfeathers do to trick the fox?
- a. she slipped out of the sack.
- b. she yelled for help.
- c. she flew away to the tree.
- d. she put a stone in her place.
Choose either a, b, c or d for the right answer. Decide the right tense whether it is past tense or past continuous.
31. I am sitting in class right now. I …. in
class at this exact same time yesterday.
- a. sat
- b. sit
- c. was sitting
- d. were sat
32. I didn’t want to go to the zoo yesterday because it …
- a. was raining
- b. were raining
- c. rain
- d. rains
33. I … Roger at nine last night.
- a. am calling
- b. was calling
- c. calls
- d. called
34. I didn’t hear the thunder during the storm last night because I …
- a. sleep
- b. was sleeping
- c. sleeps
- d. had slept
35. It was a beautiful day when we…. for a walk in the park yesterday.
- a. go
- b. went
- c. goes
- d. going
36. I really enjoyed my vacation last January. While it ……in Iowa, the Sun was shining in Florida.
- a. is snow
- b. was snowing
- c. is snowing
- d. snows
37. My brother and sister were arguing about something when I….. into the room.
- a. was walking
- b. is walking
- c. walked
- d. walks
38. He …… at the library when I came to his house.
- a. was studying
- b. studied
- c. study
- d. is studying
39. She was not at home when I…… to her house yesterday.
- a. go
- b. went
- c. is going
- d. goes
40. My stomach does not feel good. I….. spicy food this morning.
- a. ate
- b. eat
- c. is eating
- d. was eating
Demikian 40 soal pilihan ganda bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 2. Untuk pembahasannya saat ini belum tersedia.
Download soal bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 2 dan pembahasannya
Download soal kelas 8 mata pelajaran lainnya
Selain soal bahasa inggris smp kelas 8, kalian bisa mengunduh materi dan soal mata pelajaran lainnya di sini –> Download soal kelas 8 mata pelajaran lainnya disini
Selanjutnya, teman-teman bisa menggunakan bank soal bahasa inggris SMP kelas 8 semester 1 dan 2 di atas sebagai bahan belajar di rumah.